Darlings, I know how it is. You meant to plan, but things just got in the way. You search for “last minute costumes” online and get lists of lame pun costumes like “refrigerator magnet” and “quarter back.” Never fear, my dears. I know you want to arrive at your party in true Halloween style. So, in honor of Costume Week and slackers everywhere, here are 25 fun, geeky, and/or fashionable last minute Halloween costumes that you can do in a snap.
- Octapus Hoodie
- Hipster Instagram Photo
- Hipster Owl - pair with layered clothes, flannel, suspenders, scarf, etc
- The Brawny Man
- A Zombie - pick your degree of injury/rot depending on how much time you have. Add lots of conditioner to your hair and pair with your wrinkliest old clothes.
- Easy DIY Superhero Costume
- A Red Hot Devil - this is a fabulous but easy makeup tutorial – pair with any killer outfit in red, black or (my favorite) white.
- The Old Man from Up
- An Aquabat! (For the Gen Y crowd)
- 1920′s Vamp - pair with dangly jewelry, big hair, and flowy scarves
- More Easy Superheroes
- Scary Clown - skip the tooth black and add a pair of vampire fangs if you like.
- Rosie the Riveter - pair with any 40′s themed makeup tutorial.
- Crazy Bat Headband – pair with black outfit or a vintage dress.
- Monster Truck - or change the colors up and you have Optimus Prime!
- A French Connection - if you have a striped shirt or dress. Don’t forget to draw a mustache on your finger and say HOHN HOHN HOHN all night.
- Lovely Mime - if you have a striped shirt but want to go the Marcel Marceau route.
- Giant Squid Head
- The Spider Queen - pair this makeup tutorial with dangly earrings and an outfit in black or coordinating colors.
- Office Stab Wounds Use an old set of work clothes, because where else would you get stabbed to death by pens? (Wounds possibly self-inflicted).
- A Leggo Brick
- A Werewolf Victim – yes, it says werewolf, but these easy wounds work for just about anything and only take glue and toilet paper.
- A Flapper - Hot glue long black fringe from the fabric store to a simple, fitted black tank top and skirt or sleeveless black dress. Pair with black tights or fishnets, 20′s makeup, and this DIY flapper headband.
- A Never Nude - The easiest costume on the list – all you need is a pair of denim cutoffs and no sense of shame.
Lovies, if in doubt, just remember that fancy makeup or a good wound will dress up just about any outfit. Good luck, and happy haunting – don’t forget to send in your Halloween costume photos for our Halloween contest for a chance to win fabulous prizes!