Greetings Ladies and Gentlezombies, it is I, The Queen of the Muffin Pan, back to share more Halloween food fun! You may remember me from my “finger lickin’ good” Zombie Finger Cupcakes. It’s been awhile but I’ve grown up a little since we last meet and am no longer baking body parts. Today I’d like to share a more sophisticated dessert recipe with you, if I may, from my new cookbook, Do You Know The Muffin Pan. WOOT WOOT!
To me, nothing says Fall and Halloween like pumpkin! From your morning PSL to your evening Pumpkin Martini, you can try pumpkin in just about any recipe these days. I like to experiment and while recipe testing I came up with these little Halloween pumpkin treats. This simple Pumpkin Snickerdoodle rice krispie treat recipe is sure to satisfy even your scariest of monsters.
Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Treats with Butterscotch Glaze
5 cups crispy rice cereal
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 (10 oz) bag mini marshmallows
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1⁄8 tsp ground cloves
1⁄8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butterscotch (or caramel) chips
3 tbsp heavy cream
- Spray down a 24-cup mini muffin pan.
- In a sauce pan, cook pumpkin puree for 5–6 minutes. The pumpkin will caramelize and reduce down to about a ⅓ cup. In a separate large skillet, cook butter until it gives off a nutty aroma. Add pumpkin puree to the butter, as well as the vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Fold in marshmallows. Stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Let the marshmallow mixture sit until it reaches room temperature. When it has, stir in cereal.
- Using a cookie scoop, fill each muffin cup with cereal mixture, patting it down with a spatula until the wells are tightly packed.
- Allow the tray to set for 25–30 minutes before removing.
- While the tray sets, mix up the butterscotch glaze. Combine the butterscotch chips and cream in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted.
- Dip or drizzle butterscotch topping on pumpkin cereal cups.
Thanks so much for stopping by. And thanks to Eva for having me back and allowing me to share my recipe with you. I am so incredibly proud of this cookbook and I’m so happy to have it completed. If you are interested in the book and would like to pre-order it, it is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Walmart.com, or directly from the publisher at Skyhorse Publishing. Happy Halloween!