Kittens, this year’s Halloween contest was quite the success, with nearly 100 players submitting photos of their Halloween costumes! While we’ve picked our favorites for the grand prizes, we had so many submissions, we’re turning the rest of the contest over to you, dear readers! Check out our winners list below, then look through the gallery of costumes and vote for your favorite in the comments. One Readers’ Choice winner will be selected from each of the participating sites, so you can vote on Superficial Gallery and Backwoods Horror as well!
The winners so far:
- Best Costume: Gina P, Zombie (#15)
- Best Group Costume: Liam P, Wreck it Ralph and Fix it Felix (#18)
- Best Makeup: Beth R, Calavara Catrina (#22)
- Second Place Best Costume: Ani, Ood and Dr. Who Crab Monster (#24)
- Second Place Group Costume: Jess L and Matthew H. (#13)
- Second Place Best Makeup: Timothy B, Captain Spaulding (#21)
- Best Appeal to a Corrupt Judge: Sophia, Luchadors (#32)
- Honorable Mentions: Jesse W., Centurion (#2), Manny, Zombie Group (#34), Harold, Bob Ross & Happy Tree (#28)
Readers’ Choice Contestants – vote for your favorite in the comments!
– The Great 2013 Evadia Costume Contest – Prizes Announced!
– The Second Annual Halloween Costume Contest is Approaching!
– Superstorm Sandy vs. Halloween: A TYoH Call to Arms
My top 3 picks are:
#37: Chatterer Cenobite
#19: Eva Halloween as Cruella DeVille
Flattery will get you everywhere, darling.
I am a little partial to #10… Those girls were amazing!
If you haven’t seen it yet, you should check out that episode of Dr. Who – those angels were spectacularly creepy!
Some great costumes here! My fave top 3 would be;
#28 Bob Ross
It’s a shame the Maleficent picture didn’t come out better – word is that it was a pretty spectacular costume. Thanks for voting!
My favorite is #32 luchadores!!!
Hee, thanks, Sofia! Our judge Acadia Einstein is
super corruptvery partial to luchadores, so he selected you for a prize already! We’ll be in touch via email to arrange delivery. Congrats, and thanks again for playing!
I don’t envy the job of picking the winner, there were 6 or 10 of these that I really thought were well done, and another few that were cute enough to make me want to pick them. Great job everybody!
My top three.
#8 River Song
#29 Drag Miley Cyrus
#39 takes the cake for clever 5 minute costumes. It’s going on next year’s “last minute Halloween ideas” list for sure!
#14, #17, and #74 🙂
Bonus points for exceptional gamesmanship! 🙂
I see most everyone picked three, so here is mine:
#33 Pinhead, for the costume
#16 Skull face, for the makeup
#37 Chatterer Cenobite, for the mask
Thanks for voting, Lia! 🙂